Retail planning is frequently a highly contentious area of planning. This concern has been heightened in recent years as a result of the recent recession adversely affecting traditional town centres.
HPL have advised a wide range of planning authorities, developers, retailers and landowners on planning issues for all key retail sectors including: supermarkets and superstores; discount foodstores and freezer centres; local shopping development; retail warehouses and retail warehouse parks; town centre and city centre developments.
Keith Hargest was author of the research into "Town Centre and Retailing Methodologies" published by the Scottish Government in 2007.
Services provided by the company include:
- Retail impact assessment
- Retail capacity and retail deficiencies assessments
- Strategic retail modelling and studies
- Development viability advice
- Application of the sequential approach
- Analysis of retail trends and markets